The Bushcraft Company is looking for enthusiastic, innovative and hard-working individuals to join the Operations team on a seasonal basis to support our Estate Managers to help deliver our inspirational courses. The role of Estate Coordinator is crucial in bringing our adventures to life and ensuring that our beautiful woodland venues are maintained to give the same lasting remarkable impressions to each valued guest that visits. As a company, we aim to provide children with; long lasting and happy memories. It will be your duty to ensure standards are maintained, help develop our remarkable staff and continue the success of giving children a positive memory that will last a lifetime.
The Estate Coordinator role will be varied and requires meticulous planning, management and the ability to work within multi-functional teams in a fast paced and ever-changing environment. The core delivery season is between May and October, and during this time you will ensure each camp is maintained to the high standards of our customers and that their experience is inspiring, beautiful, safe and memorable. An example of duties includes:
- Reviewing feedback, following R.A.G reports and supporting the field staff in compliance with the Estate Manager
- Developing core aspects of the Estate operating procedures while maintaining the Estate logistical team and their day to day activities.
- Working cooperatively with the Operations team and the Estate Manager to ensure the highest standards of quality and safety are established, maintained and monitored throughout,
- Daily meetings with Estate Manager/Logistics team to understand the tasks required for the day
- Supporting and developing our exceptional field team
- To ensure the welfare of our staff is at the forefront of everything we do.
- Planning, implementing and managing action plans for individual purposes as well as for those supporting the Estate Manager role.
- To provide an exciting environment for people to grow and develop in the outdoor industry.
This role will be based at one of our woodland centres and will require the ability to work independently as well as part of a fast-paced team.
What we’re looking for?
- At least 1 years proven experience of working in the outdoor environment, preferably whilst managing an educational product in a residential setting.
- An ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- An ability to work independently and as part of a multi-functional team.
- An ability to plan, manage, monitor and operate a variety of simultaneous projects.
- A basic understanding of IT systems (MS Office).
- The ability to manage, develop and mentor junior staff.
- A driver with a full clean UK driving license (minimum of 1 years’ experience)
- Experience of operating all-terrain vehicles and pulling trailers is desirable.
- A passion and enthusiasm to help the company achieve its core customer objectives.
If you think you have what it takes to help grow The Bushcraft Company, please send a covering letter and your CV to Chris Heatley (Operations Manager) – Chris@thebushcraftcompany.com.