Centre Manager - Cuffley Outdoor Learning Centre
Active Learning Group are seeking to recruit an experienced and well- qualified Centre Manger for their newly- acquired residential outdoor centre at Cuffley, Hertfordshire.
The position represents an excellent opportunity for an experienced Centre Manager or for a motivated person to make the step up from their current Assistant Centre Manager, Senior Instructor or similar position.
Cuffley Outdoor Centre is set in 90 acres of outstanding natural beauty in south-east Hertfordshire, just 15 minutes from the M25. The site, which has been operating as an outdoor centre under Local Authority control for approximately 70 years, has now been acquired by Active Learning Group who are keen to preserve its unique character while investing significantly in infrastructure to facilitate the delivery of high quality residential and day courses for school and youth groups from Hertfordshire and beyond.
The ideal candidate will be a dynamic individual who has a passion for outdoor education that is supported by strong leadership capabilities and managerial skills gained within a business environment. This would include experience of operational delivery, programmes development and performance management. Working closely with the Active Learning Group Head Office functions, this role will oversee the implementation of Health and Safety Standards, HR, Recruitment & Training whilst also seeking to promote excellence in Customer Satisfaction. A key measure of this success is actively developing communication across all areas of the business regarding Cuffley, and act as an ambassador for the site.
What we are looking for
- Experience gained in a similar role or business environment
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience of managing teams and individuals, including performance management.
What we can offer you:
- Support from being part of a larger group committed to delivering high quality outdoor learning
- Excellent rewards, dependent on relevant skills and experience of the successful candidate
- On site accommodation – there is a requirement for the Centre Manager to live on site
- The opportunity to play a vital role in creating a unique residential centre in a wonderful setting.
To include, but not exclusive to:
- Ensure the centre meets targets for repeat business by delivering courses to a high standard
- Ensuring the centre operates within financial budgets
- Negotiations with contractors, service providers etc to ensure the best outcomes for the business
- To lead the Centre management and delivery team to ensure customer service is at the heart of all activities.
- Lead, manage and motivate a team of permanent and freelance / seasonal staff to deliver high quality outdoor learning programmes.
- Assist in the recruitment, induction and performance management of staff as required
- Ensuring staff are appropriately qualified, trained and experienced to deliver activities
- Ensure the maintenance of permanent and temporary facilities to ensure they are fit for purpose
- Oversee the maintenance of appropriate logs for facilities and equipment
- Oversee the site to ensure it is welcoming, safe and appropriate for all user groups
- Work with staff to ensure the delivery of high quality programmes
- To further develop the programmes, including the creation of resources as required.
- To ensure that staff are trained to deliver programmes
- Project Management of site to opening.
- To attend meetings as required
- To liaise with Local Authorities, Inspectorates and others as is required for the continued effective operation of the centre.
The Active Learning Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and an expectation of this role is to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. Appointment is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and two satisfactory references.
Applications via CV and Covering Letter to email@example.com
Closing date: Friday January 11th, 2019