The Bushcraft Company is looking for creative, tenacious and hardworking individual to join the Recruitment Team to support with full recruitment cycle of hundreds of seasonal staff members; from advertising and selection, to interviewing, compliance and scheduling. With guidance from the Recruitment Manager, and as part of a passionate and supportive Recruitment Team, the role of Recruitment Coordinator is fundamental to the resourcing of remarkable applicants selected and scheduled for camps across our 10 beautiful woodland estate for our season which operates from end of April - October. All Recruitment practices are underpinned by safer recruitment best practice (training will be provided).
Duties of the role include but not exclusive;
- Advertising roles and raising brand awareness to attract the best candidates
- Responding to general recruitment queries via email and telephone
- Prepare and attend recruitment university days across the country
- Inviting applicants to assessment days and attending assessment days across the country to determine which candidates will be successful, and providing feedback to unsuccessful candidates.
- Organising background and vetting checks, working in line with safer recruitment guidelines and best practice
- Writing and sending offer paperwork and contracts
- Ensuring staff to child ratios are met by appointing staff in line with booking figures
- Schedule staff across camps according to school profile and requirements
- Managing camp staff sickness, as well as sourcing cover for camp when faced with sicknesses and cancellations
What we’re looking for?
- Preferably at least 1-years’ experience in recruitment background
- IT skills literate.
- An ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- To be able to communicate effectively
- Sound organisational skills and attention to detail
- Essential full UK driving licence
Application to be submitted with CV and covering letter to Vanessa Giltrow Recruitment Manager please email Vanessa@thebushcraftcompany.com
Full Time Head Office based
Application closing date: 28th February 2020
The Active Learning Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and an expectation of this role is to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. Appointment is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and two satisfactory references.
At The Active Learning Group, we believe in providing an environment which recognises the values people’s differences/individuality, and benefits from the unique strengths that these differences bring to our organisation. This commitment promotes respect and equal treatment for all persons