The Bushcraft Company, part of The Active Learning Group operates across 9 venues. With guidance from the Recruitment Team Leader, and as part of a friendly and supportive Recruitment Team, the Recruitment Coordinator is responsible for the full recruitment cycle of hundreds of seasonal staff members; from advertising and selecting, to interviewing. All Recruitment practices are underpinned by safer recruitment best practice (training will be provided).
The Bushcraft Company is looking for creative, tenacious and hardworking individuals to join the Recruitment Team to support with full recruitment cycle of hundreds of seasonal staff members; from advertising and selection, to interviewing, compliance and scheduling. With guidance from the Recruitment Team Leader, and as part of a passionate and supportive Recruitment Team, the role of Recruitment Coordinator is fundamental to the resourcing of remarkable applicants selected and scheduled for camps across our 10 beautiful woodland estate for our season which operates from end of April - October. All Recruitment practices are underpinned by safer recruitment best practice (training will be provided).
Duties of the role include:
- Advertising roles and raising brand awareness to attract the best candidates, including via social media
- Responding to general recruitment queries via email and telephone
- Prepare and attend recruitment university days across the country
- Inviting applicants to assessment days and attending assessment days across the country to determine which candidates will be successful, and providing feedback to unsuccessful candidates.
- Organising background and vetting checks, working in line with safer recruitment guidelines and best practice
- Writing and sending offer paperwork and contracts
- Ensuring staff to child ratios are met by appointing staff in line with booking figures
- Schedule staff across camps according to school profile and requirements
- Managing camp staff sickness, as well as sourcing cover for camp when faced with sicknesses and cancellations
- Updating internal HR systems to ensure correct information is available for post-camp analysis and payroll
- Working with the Compliance team to ensure that all camp staff meet Company requirements for each role
- Attending training held at the estates to complete compliance checks for new starters
What we’re looking for?
- Preferably at least 1-years’ experience in recruitment in the outdoor/seasonal staffing sector
- IT skills literate.
- An ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- To be able to communicate effectively
- Sound organisational skills and attention to detail
- A full clean UK driving licence
Application to be submitted with CV and covering letter to Vanessa Giltrow Recruitment Team Leader please email Vanessa@thebushcraftcompany.com
Full Time Head Office based
Application closing date: 1st August 2019
The Active Learning Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and an expectation of this role is to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. Appointment is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and two satisfactory references.
At The Active Learning Group, we believe in providing an environment which recognises the values people’s differences/individuality, and benefits from the unique strengths that these differences bring to our organisation. This commitment promotes respect and equal treatment for all persons